Book your COVID vaccination
Keeping safe during your appointment
Looking after our customers and colleagues remains our top priority. Please don’t come into store for your appointment if you, or anyone in your household or support bubble, have COVID-19 symptoms, you are awaiting a COVID-19 test result, or you are required to self-quarantine due to travel within the last 14 days. Symptoms of COVID-19 include a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, shortness of breath and a loss or change in sense of smell.
Your questions answered
- You have had a severe allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in the vaccine
- If you have had an immediate allergic reaction to any other vaccine or injectable therapy, you should talk to your doctor before getting the COVID-19 vaccine. You will not be eligible to get the vaccine in the pharmacy.
Mild side effects of the vaccine include a sore arm at the site of injection, feeling tired, a headache and feeling achy. If needed, you can take painkillers such as paracetamol. If your symptoms get worse or you’re worried, call 999 or 112.
Serious side effects to any vaccines, like an allergic reaction, are extremely rare. You can find out more in the HSE vaccine information leaflets >>
You should cancel your appointment by phone if:
- You currently have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have a confirmed COVID-19 infection. You must wait until it’s been at least four weeks since you first had symptoms and you’ve clinically recovered, or you first tested positive (if you didn’t have symptoms). Visit HSE.ie for more information
- You are waiting for a COVID-19 test result or are classed as a close contact to someone with a positive test result
- You have a temperature of 38°C or higher
Once the registration form has been successfully completed, you will be contacted by a member of our pharmacy team to arrange an appointment. Please bear with us due to the high volume of requests currently being received.